Search for Jobs!
If you are looking for a job, you will find a wealth of information- starting with thousands of positions listed by employers all over
the state- to help in your job search. To get started log into SC Works Online System (SCWOS)
Not sure what you want to do or where you want to work? There are tools to help you decide! Explore Career Interests & Assess your Employment
- My Next Move The new user-friendly electronic career exploration tool
launched by the U.S. Department of Labor on February 3, 2011. This resource helps those who are not sure which career choice best fits their interests.
- CareerScope Self-administered* interest inventory and aptitude assessment. Assists with career planning. Can be utilized to help
individuals determine if they have the aptitude for a particular occupation. Entire process takes approximately 1 hour. * Self-administered assessment
accessible only in the SC Works Centers not available by Internet.
- SCOIS Used for obtaining information on various occupations. Features
Multimedia/Full-Motion Occupation Videos for some occupations. Also features a self-administered assessment*, college search and financial aid information.
- O*NET O*Net has information for more than 950 occupations based on the Standard Occupational
Classification (SOC) System. Allows users to create a list of skills they have or plan to acquire, find occupations that match most of their skills, generate
lists of up to 10 occupations with user-identified knowledge areas, skills, work environments, and work activities, creates a summary of the most important
characteristics of an occupation, and provides a list of characteristics associated
with a selected occupation.
- Labor Market Information Find information on what occupations are hot in
your area and across the nation.
- Quintessential Careers Help plan your future with these
self-assessment and career discovery tests.
- Motivational Appraisal of Personal Potential (MAPP). MAPP is a world-class personal
assessment that takes 15 minutes to complete. MAPP identifies your true motivations toward work and allows you to match yourself to job categories to see where
you best fit.
Build Your Skills
- TABE - Diagnostic assessment to quickly determine basic skills for training and employment or to determine readiness to take the GED.
- Aztec - An educational software solution to teach real-life academic and workforce skills offering an easy-to-use, self-paced modular learning style.
- GED 1120 - A flexible tool to prepare for the GED test. Three ways to practice available:
Mavis Beacon - Self-paced keyboarding/typing learning tool for beginning to advanced users. For beginning, can be used to teach basic keyboarding. For
advanced, can be used to increase accuracy and speed.
- Review Content guided practice with immediate feedback and hints;
- Pretest scored practice without hints or explanations;
- Simulated Test timed, scored practice without hints or explanations.
WorkKeysฎ assessments give students and workers reliable, relevant information about their workplace skill levels. Combined with information about skill levels
required for jobs, assessments information can help users make better career and educational decisions. The WorkKeysฎ system is the most efficient assessment
WorkKeysฎ is a comprehensive system for measuring, communicating and improving the common skills required for success in the workplace. It allows these skills
to be quantitatively assessed in both individual persons and in actual jobs. WorkKeysฎ is instrumental in correctly identifying individuals who have the basic
skills required to be successful in a given position or career. ACTs rigorous approach has guaranteed that the WorkKeysฎ assessment and job profiling systems
are EEOC compliant and legally defensible. When properly used, businesses can make hiring and promotion decisions based on WorkKeysฎ with confidence and security.
WorkKeysฎ is nationwide and is rapidly becoming the standard for measuring and communicating basic workplace skills. WorkKeysฎ is currently used in all 50
states in the United States.
for WorkKeysฎ Assessment Pricing.
Tell Us About Your Success
Did you utilize a SC Works Greenville Service to find your job? Tell us about it Your feedback is important to help us develop new and better
An equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY: 711